Saturday, November 27, 2010

I Choose Family Over Friends


I'm in a tough spot.

I got pregnant in September. In November, my best friend and my brother started dating. I know it's pretty cliché to say, but we really were like sisters. How weird is this... Especially when we talk about who we've been "with" and other very personal details. (Good thing she knew I wasn't down for discussing the new sex life.)

As I got bigger, I, of course, got tired & puffy and didn't feel like doing much & her & my brother got closer & closer or she got bored of me. I'm not sure which one won that out. I thought that maybe when I had my son, things would be different. I thought we'd get on as usual.

My son was born disabled, so I have to stay home with him a lot. We've done a few things together since May, but not much & it's always been on my suggestion. If you think about it, the only difference between friendship & dating when you're older is the sexual attraction. With that said, it should be understood that when you're not invited to do anything, then the party is just not interested.

She has also, within the last year, become "best friends" (as she calls it) with a local lesbian.

Within the last week, things have become difficult  between her & my brother. From what I understand, she told him he needed a therapist. He saw one & got on meds, but since then, she's needed her space or whatever. Me and her both know what that means without even communicating. It's over.

She was my best friend before they got together, but I'm so worried about my brother's well-being...

I think I'm going to have to finally choose my brother. I tried to stay out of it, but I don't think it's going to be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment