Sunday, January 23, 2011

No Skin Off My Back

I just talked to him, so I'm going to write about this while it's fresh on my mind. I want to let everyone know that I started the conversation by saying that I did not mean to offend him in ANY way and I really didn't.

I told him that I did not think he was 5'7". This wasn't a big issue when we were discussing it. Then I brought up the fact that even if I lost all my baby weight, I didn't think that I would be as small as he is. He got pissed.

He started saying something about me not knowing because I haven't seen him naked and that he can curl a 45 pound dumbbell. I don't care about any of that. He's tiny. His skull is tiny. Then he started calling me shallow. I've really been trying to date for personality. I was willing to try to overlook the physical because this guy was that cool. I just wanted to talk about it because I thought he was really into communication.

He gave me the option to think it over for a few days. I opted to take that because I felt like he had backed me into a corner and I needed to think about what to say to this guy to get my point across. BUT he just kept accusing me of being shallow so I said, "You know what, let's just don't." He said "OK" and hung up.

I felt a big weight... about two, 45 pound dumbbells to be exact, lift off my shoulders. I'm too busy for a guy. Before I called him, I deleted my pof account. I'm tired of that. It makes me think I'm desperate and I'm really not. I think I just really needed someone to talk to that understood my humor and my inside jokes. But, I felt like he was being really serious about finding a wife. He wanted to talk to me way too much for my taste. I mean, I have things to do and I can't be on the phone all the time. When I don't call or answer, I don't feel like I need to explain why.

By the way, my ex says that it's not that hard to curl 45 pounds. Lol.

I don't think I'm ready to be with anyone. Maybe "ready"  is the wrong word... Maybe it's more a long the lines of the absence of wanting to be with anyone. I just don't want to have another person that I have to keep happy. Two is enough. Plus, I want to establish my career after my baby starts going to school and things. I want to know where I'm going to be, financially and physically. I don't want to move to Arkansas. If I move anywhere, it will be to Tulsa or Dallas for the healthcare.

So now, I need a hobby other than boys. Lol.

2 comments:

  1. It will come when we all stop looking, that's what I am believing in nowadays. I am also tired of searching, then find someone, and the person turns out to be the wrong one. Why waste time, right? Try taking care of your son and yourself first, then the right one will come along, who will make YOU and your precious man truly happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, That site cracks me up. Maybe I'm shallow for having an account to laugh at all the crazy people on there. I have mine still and occasionally I'll message some of the guys back. But man, seriously they put on there for their first date they would go for a walk in the park. I don't know about you but the last thing I want to do with a guy that I haven't even met in person and only online, is go on a walk in the park with him. ROFL. WOW. these guys are desperate, many of them are anyways.

    I know what you mean though. After my last boyfriend I just didn't want to have a boyfriend. I didn't want to have to give a reason for anything I did. I don't need to. And if I say it isn't any of their business, then it isn't. I'm tired of explaining myself. Especially if the guy is needy and just all around awful. No. They don't deserve an explanation. I'm my own person until I get married, accept it and move on.

    Now, I'm finding I'm in that point in life where I think I may be ready to just try it out again. That's just where I'm at in my life. I can date and just have fun until I get done with school and find out where exactly I'm going. I don't want to get serious with anyone right now because I don't know where I'm going or what I'm doing after I graduate. I don't want to make my decisions based on a guy.

    You'll get there. You're in this unique situation where you have a baby that you have to constantly care for, more than other mom's have to. You're a very independent and outgoing woman. Any guy that is going to be with you is going to have to understand and respect those qualities.

    <3
    ... wow that was long.

    ReplyDelete