Friday, April 1, 2011

I'm so upset over something I probably should just ignore.

I had this app on my iPad and iPod called "TextNow". Since I got the app, I had been getting texts for this kid named "Kev".

One time, this kid sent a picture of himself in drag. That was with no provocation, I might add. Just out of the blue, I have this text on my iPod with a picture of this 15 year old kid in a wig and with his sweater tied around his hips. It was hilarious. I told him he had the wrong number and he still went on with small talk. Nothing big. He did ask that I delete the picture and not text him. I was fine. I get it.

Today, this girl he knows texts me out of the blue. I immediately told her that I was not who she thought I was. She replied that she already knew that. I asked why she would be texting me. She said that she was just bored. I replied, "So you decide to text a single, stay at home mom?". She seemed to be fine with it and we went on with small talk about how I got assigned this Kev dude's old number.

Then the drag queen starts texting me and telling me that I freaked her out when I said I was single. Wtf?

Seriously, what I meant buy that is that I'm probably the last person someone should text when they're bored. I have about as much going on in my life as a snail. There's not really much interesting there. But these kids were taking it way out context.

Although I never provoked them, never asked for personal information, never asked for names or even ages, I still feel bad. My intentions weren't that of a sexual predator. I know I should just let this go. But I really wanted to explain myself. I think I feel the most terrible about it because I've never felt disliked by younger people. I mean, the drag queen started calling me a weirdo and a raper.

I'm neither of those. I didn't do anything.

Then this number starts calling the app. I can see where people try calling, but I can't answer the actual call.

I knew I would just make things worse by trying to explain myself. Like my mom says, "you can't talk to crazy".

The only thing I could think to do was to uninstall the app. I was feeling terrible, although I didn't do anything. I think it had something to do with the name calling. I think that's the only way I could successfully ignore it. I couldn't find out how to block their numbers.

So, since I didn't do anything, why do I feel terrible? I can't quite pinpoint my emotion. It's not guilt. It's maybe a mix between fear of getting in trouble just for even small talk with a minor and sadness that someone doesn't like me (which never used to bother me).

My God. Things in me have changed so much since I had C.

No comments:

Post a Comment