Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Attempt to Rationalize Homosexuality (Not really. It's more like questioning God without praying about it)

I've been thinking a lot late into human sexuality and why thank God would call being homosexual an abomination unto the Lord.

Why would a god discriminate one sexual preference?

If you think about, it in the days of the Bible, people were at a time where they weren't just procreating because they could or because they wanted a baby. They had other reasons. They were populating the earth and trying to create a heirs for their estates. If you are a homosexual, you obviously cannot procreate with your homosexual partner. However, in this day and age I believe that most would agree that it is no longer necessary to procreate to populate the earth. People are either having babies because they want them or because it happened.

There are several children in orphanages around the globe that would love to be adopted. Why is it wrong for them to be adopted by a homosexual couple? Parents are parents, a.m. I right?

Why is it wrong for a man to be attracted to a man? Why is it wrong for a woman to be attracted to a woman? Why is it wrong to be having sex with another of the same sex?

I don't know if anyone can be 100% homosexual, or heterosexual. I believe it's a degree issue. Whether that degree is 99% and 1% or 60 – 40, it has to be a percent. And I know that many people would deny this. But I'm sure a lot of these people are unsure of their personal fluidity or percentage or they are insecure or are afraid of what others think.

I don't understand why people think that these urges, cravings or attractions are unhealthy, unnatural and immoral. Everyone's hormones, I believe, have a lot to do with what people are attracted to. If I am scientifically mistaken, then there just must be something called "personal preference". I happen to think that the Bible is very outdated and is in need of some serious overhauling. There's a lot more going on then there was back in the beginning of the earth at to a couple decades after Christ.

P.s. I'm pretty sure that the book was written by people and not God himself. If we are not perfect, could there not be imperfections in the Bible? Plus, there's the whole "lost in translation" issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment