Sunday, December 5, 2010

Leave


At first, you were great

I liked our second first date.

But then you warmed up to me

Your true colors, I began to see.

You reminded me of my baggage.

But really, it was your nose that did the damage.

I knew something wasn't right

When you took me out the next time.

I knew you would do me wrong,

Just like in a Carrie Underwood song.

No one had to tell me.

My gut just said "Leave!"

You said you liked me from the start.

But eight years ago you broke my heart.

This time it wasn't right for me.

I just had to flee.

Your friends all left you and got married.

It seems to me like some baggage you carry.

I can't be your bff from day one.

I was just looking for some fun.

The clinginess was too intense.

You always needed reassurance.

Your nose was hideous.

Do you know the term 'hilarious'?

I could feel you would do me wrong,

Like in a Carrie Underwood song.

I could just see

You weren't in the cards for me.

You liked me from the start.

But eight years ago, you broke my heart.

Back then I couldn't see

The signs telling me to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment